Win an ebook/your choice of one of the Highland books: Highland Honor or Highland Magic or you can pick Rebel Heart, a science fiction.
All you have to do is identify 10 famous Scottish people from the clues. To win be the first person to identify all 10 Scottish people or by October 4th the person who has the most correct answers will be the winner. If there is a tie the winner will be chosen in a random drawing.
1. Sang title song and acted in "To Sir With Love" (1966). Born in Glaswcow.
2. Author who is best known for the creation of the book Peter Pan.
3. Discovered more than 200 plant species including common northwest tree. Died from injuries received haven fallen from into wild bull pit in Hawaii. Born in Scone.
4. Last Roman Catholic monarch of Scotland. Was excecuted for treason.
5. A Scotsman who is the patron saint of Ireland is said to have been born in Kirkpatrick near the river Clyde.
6. Crowned King of Scotland in 1306. Defeated the English King Edward II in 1314 at Bannockburn.
7. Pop singer who is known for the theme for the James Bond film "For Your Eyes Only" and the top 10 hit "9 to 5". Born in Bellshiell.
8. Infamous pirate and privateer who fought as a privateer to protect Anglo-American trade routes in the West Indies. In 1691 was rewarded by New York City. Born in Greenock, Renfrewshire.
9. Author whose works included "Kidnapped" and "Treasure Island".
10. Born in Dumfriesshire. He joined the navy and spent time in Russia and France during the French Revolution. Most notably he established the U.S. Navy.