Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Mona Lisa's Room

Please welcome Vonnie Davis  author of Mona Lisa's Room.

Vonnie will be awarding a $25.00 Amazon gift card to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour, and a $20.00 Amazon gift card to a randomly drawn host.

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!


Mona Lisa’s Room
by Vonnie Davis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BLURB:

Gwen,

You won’t believe this email. I’m sitting in a French safe house, eating caviar and drinking champagne with handsome government agent, Niko Reynard. He’s wearing nothing but silk pajama bottoms and mega doses of sex appeal. I’m in big trouble, little sister. He’s kissed me several times and given me a foot massage that nearly caused spontaneous combustion. I'm feeling strangely virginal compared to the sexual prowess this thirty-year-old man exudes.

When I came to Paris for a bit of adventure, I never imagined I’d foil a bombing attempt, karate-kick two men, and run from terrorists while wearing a new pair of stilettos. I met a German musician, a gay poet from Australia, and the most delightful older French woman.

Don’t worry. I’m safe…the jury’s still out on yummy Niko, though. The more champagne I drink, the less reserved I feel. What an unforgettable fortieth birthday!

Alyson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~



EXCERPT:


Suddenly, screams followed by loud thumping and books falling filled the bookstore. Niko sprinted in the direction of the high-pitched shrieking, gun in hand. He bounded up the steps and rounded the corner. “Aly! Aly! What the hell.”

He skidded to a halt. One of the well-dressed men he saw entering the store earlier was on the
floor, books covering most of his body. His companion was staggering, holding his hands over
his eye and screaming like a banshee as blood ran down his face.
 
In the corner stood a pale and trembling Aly, her frightened blue eyes dominated her face.     “They…they grabbed me! Said they’d kill me if I resisted. I…I karate kicked them.” She swallowed, obviously trying to gain control. “Kung…kung-fooed the hell out of them, too. And…and…”—she pointed to the screaming man still on his feet—“I think I poked his eye out with one of my stilettos.”
  
Niko ran a hand down his face, keeping it over his mouth to hide the smile. What a piece of work. He wanted to laugh. He wanted to hug her. And damned if he didn’t want to shake the daylights out of her for stepping out of his sight. Hadn’t he told her to stay with him?

“You okay?” Niko’s gaze swept over her, looking for injuries. He fought the urge to pull her to him and embrace her until her trembling stopped. Frankly, if he were honest, his nerves weren’t the greatest right this moment, either. When he heard her scream earlier, cold fear did a free-fall straight through his system.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~



AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Vonnie Davis holds a degree in English with a concentration in technical writing from Penn State. She is retired and has traded in her technical writer’s tailored clothes for the feather boa of a romance writer. Her debut novel, Storm’s Interlude, was awarded the HOLT Medallion Award of Merit in two categories: Best book by a Virginia author and Best Mainstream Single Title. She lives in southern Virginia with her husband, who is also a writer.

LINKS:             Website ~ http://www.vonniedavis.com
                        Blog ~ http://www.vintagevonnie.blogspot.com
                        Twitter ~ https://twitter.com/vonniewrites
                        Facebook ~ https://www.facebook.com/WritingStoriesOfTheHeart


DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT!




14 comments:

Catherine Lee said...

I'm intrigued every time I see this cover. What a juxtaposition of elements! Cool. Did you have input in the design?
catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Christine, thanks for hosting me today and allowing me time to talk about my latest release.

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Yes, Catherine, I did have input. At The Wild Rose Press, the authors are given artist's sheets to fill out to give the graphic artist some direction since they haven't read the book. We describe the heroine and hero--age, height, body build, hair and eye color, any identifying marks like tatoos or scars. We also give a brief description of the plot, and are asked if there's any elements we positively want on the cover. I knew I wanted a picture of Mona Lisa, a bloody handprint and a pair of stilettos. Rae Monet, who is super talented, took my wants and created an awesome cover. Wait till you see the cover for book two of the series, RAIN IS A LOVE SONG (no released date yet). She used the same format, but with a couple different elements. I've been very lucky with book covers so far. If you go to my website, you'll see them all in my little video. vonniedavis(dot)com

Christine Young said...

Welcome to my blog. I hope you have a great tour.

Rita Wray said...

Sounds like a great read.

Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Thanks, Ingeborg. I'm hoping readers will like it.

Mary Corrales said...

That's such a unique blurb, I was hooked from the beginning. Sounds like the heroine is in for one heck of an adventure. :)

Unknown said...

I am enjoying following the tour, this sounds like it would be a great christmas gift for my sister

fencingromein at hotmail dot com

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Oh, Mary, Alyson's life is never the same again. I like for my heroines to learn their innate strengths. Niko helps her realize hers. As he thinks in one spot, "God, I love an intelligent woman."

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Does your sister like sensual, powerful men and lots of action? I'm thinking she'll love it, but then I'm the author...LOL...I'm hoping everyone will like it. Which is, of course, a pie-in-the-sky wish. Everyone does not like what an author writes. We all have our own tastes, don't we?

MomJane said...

What a fun and awesome story line. It sounds great.

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Thanks, Jane. I'm hoping readers will enjoy my romantic suspense.

Mary Preston said...

LOVED the excerpt. Thank goodness for stilettos.

marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Anonymous said...

Good to learn more about the series!

vitajex(at)aol(dot)com