Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Please Welcome Author of Love Beyond Loyalty by Rebecca Royce

This sounds like a wonderful Paranormal Erotic Romance. It has a little something for everyone. Rebecca has some wonderful gifts for those of you who comment. Remember the more you comment the greater your chance of winning.

Rebecca will be giving away a $50 Amazon.com gift certificate to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour. 


Bio
First lets hear a little about Rebecca.






As a teenager, Rebecca Royce would hide in her room to read her favorite romance novels when she was supposed to be doing her homework. She hopes, these days, that her parents think it was well worth it.
Rebecca is the mother of three adorable boys and is fortunate to be married to her best friend. They live in northern New Jersey and try not to freeze too badly during the winter months.
She's in love with science fiction, fantasy, and the paranormal and tries to use all of these elements in her writing. She's been told she's a little bloodthirsty so she hopes that when you read her work you'll enjoy the action packed ride that always ends in romance. Rebecca loves to write series because she loves to see characters develop over time and it always makes her happy to see her favorite characters make guest appearances in other books.
In Rebecca Royce's world anything is possible, anything can happen, and you should suspect that it will.

Blurb
Gabriel Ward has no problem with the fact that he’s an Outsider. Hell, he’s always known he was different. What he takes issue with is the idea he has to follow any destiny at all. He’s taken care of himself-and others-since birth. There’s no way he has to start following rules now.

Loraine Peacock can speak to animals. Other than that she thinks she’s just a regular woman making her way in the world. She figures its not that weird. Many people have unusual abilities.

But when Gabriel and Loraine are forced together by a destiny he denies and she is ignorant of, they will both finally have to accept their Outsider legacy and help the others in their quest to defeat the ultimate evil—a demon bent on world destruction. That is, if they can both survive to find their way to the most important part of their destiny: love. 



1. What or who inspired you to start writing?
I’ve always been writing. I think I wrote my first book when I was in fourth grade. But, my husband encouraged me to try my hand at actually doing it when I was pregnant with our second son. Should we blame it on the pregnancy hormones?

2. How did you come up with ideas for your books?
I don’t know. I wish I could answer that question. But ideas hit me and I’m just glad they do.

3. How would you describe a paranormal erotica book? Please use your own book for examples.
A paranormal erotica book is a book set in the paranormal world (or with paranormal themes) that are also charged with sexual tension and use a certain type of language to describe those experiences. For example, in Love Beyond Loyalty the focus is on the journey, on the tension, and the sex is hot.

4. What expertise did you bring to your writing?
I’ve been doing it for a while now. Before that, I have a degree in English and Communication as well as a graduate school degree.  Also, I read constantly.

5. What would you want your readers to know about you that might not be in your bio?
I’m really just a normal lady hanging out in the world trying to do the best I can, just like all of you.

6. As far as your writing goes, what are your future plans?
I want to keep doing it, I want to come up with more ideas, and attract more readers.  I hope.

7. If you could be one of the characters from any of your books, who would it be and why?
Oh, I don’t know. They’re all like my babies. In Love Beyond Loyalty, I think I’d want to be Loraine. Gabriel is smoking. She’s a lucky lady.

8. Do you belong to a critique group? If so how does this help or hinder your writing?
Before I was published, I did.  After that, it became sort of difficult because the group didn’t put a limit on new members, which was wonderful. But I’d had some experience with professional editing at that point and I found it difficult to hear certain things from the critiquers that I knew not to be true. However, I do find having a critique partner(s) and Beta readers to be a really good idea.

9. When did you first decide to submit your work? Please tell us what or who encouraged you to take this big step?
I was in the critique group and it just seemed like time. My CP at that time encouraged me to take the next step and I did. Very glad to have listened.

10.         What is the best and worst advice you ever received? (regarding writing or publishing)
The best advice I got was to write as much as possible.  The worst was to try to write to a trend. Write what you love, that’s what makes it great writing.

11.         Do you outline your books or just start writing?
Start writing.

12.         Do you have any hobbies and does the knowledge you've gained from these carry over into your characters or the plot of your books?
I learned a lot about fishing doing research for one book. Not hobbies so much but places. I love to travel, I guess its my hobby, and the places I go show up in all my writing.

13.         Do you have an all time favorite book?
That I’ve written? No, I love them all.  That I’ve read? Jane Eyre.

imgres.jpg

14.         Have you started your next project? If so, can you share a little bit about your book?
I am currently writing a book in my YA series.  Very exciting stuff. Its going to be called Subversive and it’s the 3rd book on my YA series called The Warrior.

15.         Your interview will be posted February 28th. Is there a family Valentine tradition or recipe you would like to share? 
(I know it's after the 14th but I love seeing knew recipes)I do not cook. I’m sorry. You’re talking to someone who burns water.

16.         What is your favorite reality show?
The Biggest Loser and I do watch Keeping Up with The Kardashians, although I’m annoyed at them now.


17.         Who is your favorite actor and actress?
Good question. Um. Actor: Christian Bale. Actress: Anne Hathaway

imgres.jpgimgres.jpg


18.         Can you tell little about the black moment in your book?
In this book, it takes place when Gabriel is left alone in the house with Sebastian, the demon.  What should Loraine do?

19.         Anything else you might want to add?
Thanks so much for having me. I loved being here. 




8 comments:

Mary Preston said...

Very interesting points about the critique group. It sounds like a place to help kick things off & then spread your wings.

marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Goddess Fish Promotions said...

Thank you for hosting Rebecca today.

Rebecca Royce said...

Thanks so much for having me today

Christine Young said...

Welcome, hope your tour goes well and you make lots of sales.

Catherine Lee said...

Hi Rebecca...Like Marybelle, I agree with your comment about critique groups, even though I'm not a writer. I think such groups are great for newbie writers, but as a writer matures, her need for reviewers and editors changes. That's all part of the process.

SO...Would you like to see Christian Bale or Anne Hathaway in a film adaptation of one of your books?

catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

Deb PelletierC said...

Wonderful interview, good luck with the tour. Deb P
r.d1@myfairpoint.net

Lyra L7 said...

Hallo Rebecca,
I enjoyed the interview and some of the questions I had were answered as well.
LOL burns water, good one, it happened to me one time as well because I was reading a book and forgot about the water that condensed :)

lyra.lucky7ATgmailDOTcom

Courtney Rene said...

Great interview! Thanks so much for sharing.

ctny