Thursday, February 07, 2013

Christine Young is featuring -- Rebel Bride

Please Welcome Morgan K. Wyatt author the Rebel Bride.

Morgan will be awarding a $5 Amazon GC to a randomly drawn commenter at every stop. Please leave a comment.



Rebel Bride
by Morgan K. Wyatt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BLURB:

Eileen Sewell sparks plenty of gossip by spiteful matrons and their horse-faced daughters that she’d find herself alone due to her picky ways. Of course, she didn’t believe them. Then again, she also didn’t expect to be a mail order bride either. It wasn’t easy snagging a husband who hadn’t heard about her willful nature. Eileen finally gave up hope of finding love, and decided to settle for whatever she’d find out west. If that wasn’t lowering enough, she’d just witnessed the first train robbery. Unfortunately, the outlaws saw her too. Enter Marshal Colt Sheppard, who excels at extracting information from reticent witnesses. His crooked smile and broad shoulders shouldn’t charm her. She’d played this game before, only she never had a worthy adversary. Talk about bad timings.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~



EXCERPT:


Eileen had stood with her friend of the hour, Constance Havens, commenting on all the men who paraded past. They lifted their heads to display their aristocratic profiles and pushed out their chests as proud as any peacock. They needed taking down a peg or two was the way Eileen saw it. Townsend came up on her, walking quiet, Indian-style. The fact he did meant he wanted to catch her doing something she ought not to be doing, which he did.
She was in the midst of ridiculing one of his friends who made the mistake of waving at her. She failed to recall her words exactly, something about never considering a redheaded man because he’d give her red-haired children. What a stupid thing to say considering she had red hair. She may have said something about he’d have to be the last man on earth before she’d contemplate him as a beau. Townsend whispered sotto voice in her ear. The words stuck with her, especially at times like now, when she realized she’d used up all her options.
“Eileen, you will run out of men who bend to fulfill your every wish. There will come a day when you’ll be the one to fetch and carry on the whims of some man who does not fancy you, but will only use you for what you can give him. Then you’ll rue this day.”





~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Morgan as a child had to suffer through movies with clueless heroines rescued by smart men. Her mother dutifully read her stories where princesses waited for princes to jumpstart their lives. There were no proactive female role models in the media at that time, with the exception of Wonder Woman. It is for this reason, and that it is fun, Morgan writes about strong women going after what they want.

She has a blog about dating after forty on www.datingafterfortyeight.blogspot.com

Morgan pinches pennies on her blog; www. http://thefrugaldivatellsall.blogspot.com/

She also reviews book for Novelspot and blogs about writing at: www.novelspot.net

You can find Morgan at www.morgankwyatt.com

On Twitter and FaceBook  at: morgankwyatt



Don't Forget to Leave a comment!

19 comments:

Mary Preston said...

Oh, Eileen. I do so hope you find what you are looking for & needing.

marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

morgan said...

Hi Mary,
Keep reading to find out if Eileen gets what she needs. :) Thanks for commenting.

morgan said...

Hi Christine,
Thanks for hosting me. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the excerpt and the links to the authors blogs, they sound really interesting and I'll have to check them out. I don't know how you have time for writing and blogging

fencingromein at hotmail dot com

Christine Young said...

Welcome to my blog. I hope you have a great tour.

Rita Wray said...

I love the excerpts and want to read the book. I have added it to my read list.

Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

morgan said...

Hi Shannon,
I have a tolerant husband who is used to seeing the top of my head as I type. :) Thanks for stopping in.

morgan said...

Hi Gala,
There is great merit to journals since I have lost many things on the computer. I sometimes do both, but my handwritten notes are so cryptic they would be hard to read for anyone else. Took short hand in school the same time I took Spanish. That should explain it.

Thanks for asking.

morgan said...

Hi Ingeborg/Rita,

Not sure which name you prefer. I am glad Rebel Bride is on your too read list. Even thought I have several excepts it is little more than 3000 words out of a 75,000+ word novel.

Read yesterday, that people prefer shorter books, no more 150,000 tomes.

Thanks for commenting.

Jibriel said...

I like a longer novel, but it depends on the book, if there is nothing happening or more of the same that would be annoying.

jibriel.o(at)web(dot)de

Lindsey Edwards said...

I love the excerpts. Nothing like a good teaser to hook me. Thanks! :)

BookGirl2286 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Anonymous said...

Eileen certainly needs a strong man and Townsend is the man that can handle her.

strive4bst(At) yahoo(Dot) com

Ami said...

Hallo Morgan,
could you imagine to turn your book in an audiobook as well?

shadowrunner1987(AT)gmail(DOT)com

morgan said...

Hi Jibriel,
My kids were assigned summer reading books and one was a huge historical novel. I read it because I taught at the school, but 100 pages was her running in the woods.

Thanks for commenting.

morgan said...

Hi Lindsey,
I am always a sucker for a good teaser. I watched the teasers for the superbowl commercials.

Thanks for commenting.

morgan said...

Hi Anonymous,
I agreed Colt is a strong man. A feisty woman benefits from a confident man.

Thanks for noticing.

morgan said...

Hi Ami,
I have nothing against an audio book, although you wouldn't want to read it with my accent. :)

Good question, I'll ask my publisher.

bn100 said...

Nice cover and excerpt.

bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

LOL! I remember "clueless heroines rescued by smart men." Nice that your book offers a strong heroine. Hope your tour goes well!