Please welcome Jennifer Kacey author of Together in Cyn
Jennifer will be awarding a "little bit dark. A whole lotta naughty" gift basket worth around $50, to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour. (USA/CANADA ONLY). Please a comment for a chance to win.
Together in Cyn
by Jennifer Kacey
1.What or who inspired you to start writing? – A dream actually. Three different scenes of Final Promise, one of my single titles yet to be published, were all dreams. One of those things I couldn’t shake when I woke up. The idea of writing a book was always in the back of my head, as it is for a lot of people, but after the dream I HAD to write it down. Three months and 100K words later my first book was born. With everything that I’ve learned from getting Together in Cyn published I think I’ve really grown as a writer. I truly hope everyone loves the story as much as I loved writing it.
2.How did you come up with ideas for your books? – Random synapses firing in my brain I swear! I’ve got notebooks EVERYWHERE so when I have one of those flashes of a scene I can write it down before it’s gone. They can disappear like smoke if the rest if the world gets in the way. I can get ideas from other books, from conversations, anything!
3.What components are necessary for the genre of this novel? – Lots of sex! And for me a dark moment is needed. I like the aspect of at least one of the characters overcoming something seemingly insurmountable when the story begins. But at the heart of everything is always romance, and the promise of a HEA.
4.What expertise did you bring to your writing? – I did quite a lot of research into BDSM before I finally put pen to paper. Wish it would have been hands on, but most of it was internet based, along with some…***cough***…video viewing.
5.What would you want your readers to know about you that might not be in your bio? – I LOVE BDSM & MENAGE! Absolutely adore it. I read what I write and hope that comes out in my stories. Writing is an amazing job to have and I feel lucky to have so many characters swimming around in my head.
6.As far as your writing goes, what are your future plans? – Two more books and a quickie in this series. An off shoot series of three from this series which will be MMF. I’ve then got two stand alone books. Two more short stories that are FF. Another three book series that I’m thinking of writing into one book with three parts, and then a seven book series. Oh, and a YA series of three that I’d like to have made into movies. Refer to #9 on me being goal oriented. J
7.If you could be one of the characters from any of your books, who would it be and why? - Cyn hands down. Two hot twins to fulfill her every fantasy, in a sex club catered to BDSM. Yeah, definitely Cyn!
8.Do you belong to a critique group? If so how does this help or hinder your writing? – I had a critique partner for Together in Cyn, but it didn’t work out. It happens. One of my editor’s other authors and I have hooked up to be crit partners. Fingers and toes crossed that it goes well. It really takes another author to see flaws in writing that a regular reader might miss. Having a CP is invaluable to catch all of the things you “thought you wrote” or that pesky three-handed lover who slips in unbeknownst to you!
9.When did you first decide to submit your work? Please tell us what or who encouraged you to take this big step? - I submitted Together in Cyn last year for the Love Letters Open call submission request from Ellora’s Cave. It needed more work than the deadline allowed for that submission but I’m REALLY glad, because I ended up getting to add 20,000 words to the MS since I didn’t have a word count maximum I had to meet. Yea for more sex! I didn’t need any more encouragement though I got loads of it from my friends and family. I’m extremely goal oriented!
10. What is the best and worst advice you ever received? (regarding writing or publishing) - Best – “Write for yourself because if you love it, your enthusiasm will be contagious.” Worst – “Don’t write so much sex into your books. It’ll turn readers away.”
11. Do you outline your books or just start writing? – I normally start with a rough outline but then I’ll just start writing. Most of the time it will follow the outline but every once in a while a character in my head keeps yanking me in a different direction. I’ve learned to listen.
12. Do you have any hobbies and does the knowledge you've gained from these carry over into your characters or the plot of your books? – I’d love to say I’m proficient in shibari bondage and make my own latex corsets, but my house isn’t that big. J I love crochet, and making jewelry. Now I’m thinking of all the things I can do with yarn! Swear I’m going to write that into a future book. Oh, and I’m addicted to Pinterest and Tumblr. Just depends on how dark and naughty I’m feeling as to which one I’ll choose to post on.
13. Do you have an all time favorite book? – If I had to pick just one I’d choose JR Ward’s Dark Lover. It’s a FANTASTIC first book in a series, and her voice is unique and poignant. Love that one!
14. Have you started your next project? If so, can you share a little bit about your book? - Have three in the works right now. First, A Very Ménage Christmas, is a quickie that follows a few weeks after Together in Cyn. It will be available for pre-sale on EC this fall. Then there is Together Again. Book #2 in this series which involves Jenna, Nick and Ian. I’m also working on Final Surrender which is an erotic romantic suspense. That one’s really close to my heart as well as…yeah okay, they all are. J
15. Do you have any family traditions or recipes you might like to share? – We always eat Chinese Food on New Year’s Eve. Have no clue why we started this, but I look forward to it every year!
16. What is your favorite reality show? – Project Runway. Love all the fashion and the diva behavior, and throwing each other under the bus. Cracks me up!
17. Who is your favorite actor and actress? – Don’t really have either. Would much rather read if I have free time. My TBR pile is HUGE at the moment! But I can’t seem to put the whips and cuffs away long enough to get to it right now. I’ll devour it when someone puts a gag in my muse’s mouth. J
18. Can you tell us a little about the black moment in your book? – Chris’ first real introduction into BDSM isn’t consensual, and it happens at 17. He endures it to protect his twin, but it severely skews his view on sex and love. Convincing him to let go and accept his inner demons is almost more than Cyn can take. But she’s determined to be the submissive both brothers need.
19. If you were a casting director for the film version of your book, who would play your lead roles? – OMG how fun! OK, Cyn I want the woman on the cover of my book. She is Cyn and I have no clue who she is! For Jared I’d pick Paul Walker. Damn that man’s hot! And for Chris…hmm…Gerard Butler. He’s tall, dark, lickable…and I’m gonna stop now.
20. Anything else you might want to add? – Thank you a million times over for having me! It’s extremely exciting for me to get to talk to readers who enjoy the BDSM Menage genre as much as I do. Can’t wait to hear what everyone thinks about Together In Cyn!
But what if that book was your diary and you learned your two best friends, men you have ached for your entire life, have just read every last word? Pages and pages filled with dark fantasies and forbidden dreams so explicit they leave nothing to the imagination.
And what if those two friends were included in every last one?
This is exactly where Cyn Andrews now finds herself.
Stuck somewhere between wanting to hate Jared and Chris Kennedy for violating her privacy and just plain wanting to be stuck somewhere between them. She could never choose only one brother, so she’s kept her feelings buried for more than a decade, and a past mistake has kept her silent and alone…until now.
Everything she’s ever wanted may have just been handed to her in the form of an invitation to The Library. Not just a building filled with books, but a members only BDSM club the brothers own and have kept hidden from her for years.
Is it pity or desire that fueled the invitation?
What other secrets have they been keeping from her?
Can she protect her heart and face her biggest fear while discovering the art of submitting to two Doms?
It’d be a sin not to find out…
“What do you mean suited to you? You need someone desperate to be with you, is that it?”
“No. We want someone to submit to us.”
All the air got sucked from the room. Submit. I’d heard the word and read about it for years. Had even experimented once a couple years back. Remembering the last night with Matt and his friend made me turn around and head for the door. Chris took several steps to stop me, but Jared caught his arm and held him back. I wanted something I had already failed at miserably and wasn’t willing to try again. Not with them. They were too important.
“We want you, Cyn. I want to see where this can go. All we’re asking for is a chance. I’m sorry I read your journal without your permission, but if I hadn’t, would you have ever told us you wanted us? Would you have ever flat out just said you wanted me? Be filled so completely you can’t think about anything the next day except what it was like to come so hard you lose consciousness?”
I stopped. Something in his voice made me turn when I was only a few steps away from escaping them and my humiliation. But I knew he was right. I never would have said a word. Their rejection…it would have been too much to bear, so I remained silent. Happy to be their friend, but always on the outside looking in.
AUTHOR Bio and Links:
I’m going to just jump right in and get the easy stuff out of the way up-front. I am a wife, mother and business owner in Texas with very long black hair and a penchant for high heels and pretty outrageous toe nail polish. I have a very supportive family that I love unconditionally and am fortunate enough to genuinely like and respect them as well.
I started reading romance back in college, liked it so-so, and then I found erotica. Stories a bit on the dark side, a lot on the naughty side, and at the risk of sounding cheesy, it felt like coming home. Finding a genre made just for minds like mine was an amazing revelation, and I swear the characters in my head haven’t stopped hounding me since!
Something I always love reading about other authors are the funny quirks and idiosyncrasies that make each of us unique, so I thought I’d share a few of mine. These are in no particular order and pretty random, so brace yourselves…
I am a morning person who doesn’t drink caffeine, and I am definitely a glass-half-full kind of girl. I have an extreme case of being left-hand stupid and am bad at all sports that end in “ball”! Hot weather is my favorite because I'm cold all the time, and I adore lying in the sun. You’ll find a closed sign hanging off my forehead at 10 p.m. pretty much every night when my brain clocks out. What’s weird is I can write ‘til the wee hours of the morning though. Probably because the characters just shove me aside so they can say their piece.
Ooh, and I never procrastinate! If something needs to be done today, it should have been finished yesterday. I call this fantastic; several people, who shall remain nameless, call it having a bug up my A**… I think I’ll stick with fantastic.
I refuse to use a flat sheet to sleep, I love perfume but only one kind, and before I die I want to own flip-flops in every color of the rainbow. And last but not least, the yea or nay on a particular food being deemed good or gross is based off of texture first, taste second.
I hope my writing speaks for itself, and I hope it speaks to you. The fact that I have the opportunity to share a little piece of myself with you absolutely floors me. On a daily basis I am overwhelmed by the good fortune that is my life, and vowed years ago never to take it for granted.
Best advice I’ve ever been given – find the real you and never settle for anything less! Well guess what? I found her! Lord help the rest of you.
Social Media Contacts and Links
Website - http://www.jenniferkacey.com/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/JenniferKacey
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/jennifer.kacey.7
Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/jenniferkacey/
GoodReads - http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/16370223-jennifer-kacey