Sunday, November 06, 2011

Almost forced to go to plan B

I slammed on my brakes. The first deer dashed across the road. I knew there would be more but it was so dark and rainy I couldn't see. I barely missed the second deer but when I saw the third one I knew I would  hit it. The car wasn't slowing fast enough to miss. The guardian angel on my shoulder must have sent out warnings because the deer turned away from the car just in time to avoid being his. Wow, that was the closest I had ever come to hitting a deer.

I was on my way to Jazzercise and picking up my granddaughter for a day of fun. Luckily, I didn't have to call my husband to come help me out. If we would have collided, I was still going fast enough that my air bags would have exploded on me and I'm sure the car would have been totaled.

Thank you my guardian angel or perhaps my fairy godmother.


No comments: